A year in numbers…
It is hard to believe that another financial year has come and gone in Australia.
End of financial years are always a great time to reflect on what you have done and to measure or benchmark your achievements against the goals and objectives set.
It is the perfect time to celebrate your achievements and reflect on what you want to achieve in the year ahead.
At the beginning of this new financial year, we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of our clients and candidates who put their trust in us and who made it one of our most successful years ever. Despite market sentiment generally being cautious, the professional services sector (particularly law) continued to recruit with confidence providing excellent opportunities for career minded candidates with proven professional services experience.
Here is a quick snapshot of the work we did last year. We look forward to working with more of you in 2012/13.
Industries we worked in…
- 65% of our placements this year were in the legal sector
- 20% of our placements this year were in the consulting sector (advisory firms, accounting and business consulting firms)
- 15% of our placements this year were engineering firms
What types of positions we handled…
- 49% of roles were BD focused
- 29% of roles were Marketing Communications focused
- 11% of roles were in business services / operations
- 6% of roles were in discreet areas such as e-media, databases etc
- 5% of roles were focused on proposals and bids
Not just a marketing recruiter…
This year we were retained to find CEOs, Directors of Operations and General Managers for a range of professional services businesses across the Asia-Pacific region. This is a growing market for us as more and more clients ask us to source candidates at senior manager level who can manage operations, HR and business services.
Not just an Australian Recruiter…
With our international reach we have again successfully continued to serve our clients across Australia, Asia and New Zealand. We have also strengthened the bonds with our overseas candidates, who sit as far away as the US and UK.
- 17% of our placements were made outside Australia with Singapore and Hong Kong being the biggest markets for us.
The professional services firm’s 1st choice of recruiter…
- 45% of placements were as a result of exclusive and retained campaigns
- 10% of candidates were placed by us introducing them to clients before the job went to market
- 25% of placements were made with clients who had started the process themselves but been unsuccessful
- 20% of placements were made with clients who were using several agencies, of which we placed more than 50% of roles we were briefed on
How we got talent this year…
- 32% of candidates were already registered with us*
- 10 % of candidates were referred to us.
- 58% of candidates were found by us.
* If you are not on our radar and are considering a job move this year, register your details with us and we will do the rest!